Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Learning Photoshop - 1




I have graduated from economics. Considering my nature, studying economics was a huge mistake for me. I’m not going to pretend that I haven’t learned anything useful during the time I spent at university, I certainly did. But I always wanted to be a musician. If not that, something in which I can work on an object or a project rather than fixing or building something related to humans. What I mean is, I can edit a photo or make a song or invent a new method for stacking inventory in a warehouse but I can’t run after clients who are unwilling to pay or buyers, to sell my product.

I get that you have to deal with people in every walk of life and I’m fine with that. But I feel like I’m much more suited to building something rather than selling or servicing something else built. So I concluded that I should be working in a field of art.

At least for a while, that field can’t be music. So the second thing I have always been interested in was computer graphics. Creating imagery for magazines or newspapers or movies or anything of this sort is something I can start with I suppose. The only thing I have been lacking in my opinion is proper knowledge of the software required.



I have always intuitively known how to use software. There aren’t many apps that I’d run and be completely clueless at. For example, the coffee illustration in this post is my creation from, I don't know how many years back. But I decided that I should properly learn how to use Photoshop and Illustrator. So I have bought a book and started reading it today. Which was something I was planning to do a month ago but hey… at least I started finally. Considering what kind of stagnation I was in, 1 month is nothing :)

So far, it seems easy. Though, I have to say that I only read 2 chapters of a book with 32 of them. It seems like my biggest problem will be to fight myself into reading everything on that book. Because it seems like it has been written for an audience which has no clue about Photoshop is (as it should be) so I feel like I’m repeating myself and wasting my time.

Hopefully, soon I’ll be able to post my own work here instead of some random guy’s creation. I’m really looking forward to it.


1 comment: